BlueSG’s Electric car-sharing is a hit in Singapore, with 20,000 rentals in less than three months
- More than 1,700 users have requested for more charging stations
Singapore, 16 March 2018 – BlueSG Pte Ltd (a subsidiary of the Bolloré Group), today announced excellent membership and rental figures less than 3 months after the launch of its Electric Vehicle Car-sharing programme.
- BlueSG, the first large-scale electric vehicle car-sharing service in Singapore, announced it has garnered more than 9,000 registered members and 20,000 rentals as at 28 February 2018. 80% of the customers have chosen the One Year Premium membership. BlueSG launched its programme on 12 December 2017 with 80 Bluecar and 32 BlueSG charging stations.
- Over 410,000 km were driven with the 105 Bluecars in operations between the 42 BlueSG charging stations available for public use, saving more than 100,000 kg of CO2 emissions in the Singapore streets.
- More than 1700 requests for new stations have been received on BlueSG’s website and social media pages.
- There are two subscription plans for the BlueSG programme – a Premium Yearly membership plan priced at $15 per month with lower rental rates of S$0.33 per minute; and a weekly membership plan which does not require any recurring fee with rental rates of S$0.50 per minute. Under the current launch promotion, drivers who register before 31 March 2018 enjoy a one year free Premium Yearly membership with no recurring monthly fee and a rental rate of S$0.33 per minute. Both plans have a minimum rental of 15 minutes.
- Interested parties can sign up and register on www.bluesg.com.sg or the BlueSG mobile app (BlueSG), which can be downloaded on the App Store and Google Play, and will enable users to book a Bluecar and reserve a BlueSG parking space in advance.
- “BlueSG has seen one of the most successful launches of car-sharing services worldwide. This shows that our customers are enjoying the convenience and attractiveness of a new commuting option in Singapore. We have received an overwhelming demand for more stations and cars in order to make the service widely available and are working actively with the agencies in this prospective. The exceptional response from the public proves that BlueSG is very well adapted to Singapore and appreciated by its residents.” said Franck Vitté, Managing Director, BlueSG.
- BlueSG aims to roll out a 1,000-strong electric vehicle fleet and 2,000 charging points by 2020.
For more information on BlueSG and upcoming developments, visit www.bluesg.com.sg.
About Blue Solutions:
Publicly traded since October 30, 2013, Blue Solutions is the company that manages the electrical storage operations developed by the Bolloré group. By diversifying its historical business of producing paper and ultrathin plastic film, the Bolloré group has become a producer of complete electrical components for capacitors, and now holds over one-third of the global market. With this expertise and more than 20 years of R&D, the group has engineered electrical storage solutions and batteries that rely on a unique technology, the LMP® (Lithium Metal Polymer) battery as well as supercapacitor technology. The batteries are employed both in mobile applications (cars, bus, tram) as well as stationary ones (storing electricity for individuals, businesses, local governments, etc.) developed and sold by other group entities through Blue Applications, which since 2011 has been rapidly growing on every continent.
BlueSG (Singapore): Jenny Lim / firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue Solutions (France): Laëtitia Févry / email@example.com