BlueSG, the Bolloré Group electric car sharing service in Singapore, is willing to go further in its development and contribute to the emergence of electric vehicles in the city-state. Currently operating as a car-sharing service, BlueSG announces the launch of its new charging offer dedicated to all electric vehicle car owners.
Beyond the car sharing solution
1. Opened in December 2017, BlueSG aims to fulfil the government’s dual objective: reducing the number of private cars on the road and propose an alternative model of transportation for its residents, in addition to public transportation. Generating a strong interest from the public, the service has continued to develop its infrastructure and offers along the months.
2. Strongly involved in sustainable mobility and the development of electric vehicles in Singapore, BlueSG is now launching a new offer entirely dedicated to EV owners allowing them to charge on its infrastructure. Thus, 99 charging points across HDB, URA & JTC carparks will be available for the charging service, which makes BlueSG the largest charging service provider in Singapore for private EV owners.
Charge your electric vehicle across all Singapore
3. “BlueSG wants to foster sustainable mobility in Singapore by offering an electric car sharing service but also by helping in the development of electric vehicles”, says Franck Vitté, Director of BlueSG. “The energy transition happens at all level and cities and companies have to work together in order to provide the most appropriate solution for their residents and customers.”
4. Private owners, after subscribing to the service, will be able to conveniently recharge their EV 24/7 either in HDB, URA or JTC carparks. They can subscribe directly on the mobile application or on the website to the yearly membership costing S$20. In order to mark the launch, BlueSG offers an exceptional discount enabling new members to charge at a rate of S$1 per hour for the first 3 hours and subsequently S$2 per hour after (more information on http://www.bluesg.com.sg).
All available charging service stations will be displayed on BlueSG mobile application and EV owners will be allowed to easily book a charging point up to 45 minutes in advance.
5. Currently recording 191 stations with 755 charging points island wide and 450 Bluecars, the service will keep on growing to reach, by 2020, 1,000 vehicles, 500 stations and 2,000 charging points, in most cases easily accessible to residents and corporations. The Bolloré Group will also benefit from the dynamic and favorable ecosystem of Singapore to develop new R&D projects in electric mobility, energy storage, and information systems. BlueSG is building a team conducting research and development projects in partnership with local industries and research institutes for smart cities and intelligent transport systems.
Press release – 23 April 2019